Lonely Planet Curated Collection + Unsplash
We’ve all been there. You’re researching your next trip online and you inadvertently land on someone’s random travel blog. Like one of those incredibly dull ones that start out “Day 1 - Airport.”
Lonely Planet wants to put an end to that kind of boring travel writing.
In order to do this, Lonely Planet partnered up with the Unsplash community to launch a new app called “Trips”. It makes sharing your travels super simple, while creating compelling stories that people actually want to read. To discover the stories by the Unsplash community, tap "Discover" and then "Unsplash Community" to see what our community is up to.
In honor of the Trips launch, we are teaming up with Lonely Planet to curate a special collection of your favorite local places to explore.
You don't have to travel far to have an adventure. We want to see how you capture the spirit of exploration while still managing to pay your bills, change the cat litter, and maybe even see your friends once in awhile. Show us your secret staircases, your favorite trees, or wherever you go to get away, even if it’s just for a moment.
How to contribute to Lonely Planet's Curated Collection
- You may submit as many photos as you wish of your 'everyday explorations'.
- Submit a photo to Unsplash and check the 'Lonely Planet' option to indicate you'd like it to be considered for the collection.
- All photos must comply with Unsplash’s Photo Submission Guidelines. All photos on Unsplash are licensed under the Unsplash License which means they can be used for anything for free.
- All photos must be submitted by September 20th, 2017 at midnight EST.
- After your photo is submitted to Unsplash, it will be reviewed for approval by the Unsplash Editorial team, based on the guidelines above. The photos that are approved will show up on the Lonely Planet collection page, and updated every 48 hours.
- The Unsplash Editorial team, with the help of Lonely Planet, will select 10 featured photos from that collection.
These 10 photographers will be: